Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III)
Grants from the American Rescue Plan (ARP) This includes funding from the US Department of Education to eligible educational institutions like VHCC – to help ease the negative effects that the disruption of campus operations may have on students and the college.
Grants in the amount of $250 or $560 (depending on EFC) will be awarded directly to qualifying students who meet the Virginia Community College System’s HEERF III funding guidelines. According to the US Department of Education, students may use the grant for food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, childcare and other related expenses.
If you are an eligible student, you will be notified in the financial aid message center – and the grant will be posted to your account within the next month, via your selected refund option. If you have not selected any option, you will receive a check.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) Grants from the American Rescue Plan (ARP) requirements:
- Student submitted a completed 2022-2023 FAFSA
- US Citizenship required
- Student meets Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Student completed all requested documents due to financial aid
- Student is actively enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours for Fall 2021 semester
- Student met the specified Expected Family Contribution (EFC) ceiling for the VCCS HEERF III Funding model.