Virginia Highlands, Smyth County, and the Smyth County Community Foundation are pleased to offer the Smyth County Promise Scholarship!!! This innovative educational support opportunity is designed especially for Smyth County high school graduates – to help them attend college and achieve their post-high school dreams.
- Targeted for recent high school graduates (public, private, and home school) in Smyth County, VA.
- Scholarship covers five (5) of six (6) consecutive semesters after high school. Students must begin the Summer or Fall semester immediately following their graduation.
- Students can enroll in degree or workforce training programs.
- There are no GPA requirements for the first year. To continue to be eligible for funding for the second year, students must have a 2.0 GPA.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; and have been a resident of Smyth County for the last two (2) years.
- Students are required to complete 10 hours of community service per semester at approved agencies.
- Scholarship covers only tuition and fees
- This is a last dollar scholarships (after all other aid has been applied).