Chat Support
Skip to main content

Transcript Evaluation Request Form

If you wish to have transcripts from another institution evaluated for transfer credit, please complete this form.

Transcript evaluation requests should only be submitted if you are planning to complete a degree or certificate program at VHCC. You do not need to have transcripts evaluated to show that you have met a prerequisite for a course you are trying to enroll in.

Transcript Evaluation Frequently Asked Questions

Are you planning to complete a degree or certificate program at VHCC?
Associate of Arts and Sciences (AA&S) | Associate of Applied Science (AAS) | Certificate (C) | Career Studies Certificates (CSC)
If so, please continue to read and complete the remainder of this form. If not, please stop and see a Counselor or Advisor in Student Services.

  • Request official transcripts from all previously attended institutions, AP Scores, CLEP Scores and military training be sent to VHCC. (Official transcripts are not required from other Virginia community colleges.) All transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution to be considered official.
  • Make sure you are enrolled in the correct program of study prior to submitting this form.
  • Only credits that apply to your program of study will be transferred.  If you change your program of study you must submit a new request.

By submitting this request, I understand the following:

  • An evaluation will not be complete if I am not enrolled in a program of study at VHCC.
  • Only credits that apply to my program of study will transfer.
  • Grades do not transfer and will not affect my GPA at VHCC.
  • Only credit courses with a grade of “C” or higher will transfer.
  • Please allow 4-6 weeks for completion of evaluation.   
  • I understand that notification of my credit evaluation will be documented in the Student Information System and sent to my VHCC email address. 
You're Gonna Love Where You Go.TM
Back to top